Tri-County Electric Cooperative’s (TCEC) mission is to provide quality, safe, affordable electric service powered by members. A crucial part of fulfilling that mission is maintaining a safe workplace for all TCEC employees, members, and guests. As our employees continue to work for you, the member, and provide the quality service you depend on their health and safety is our priority. Because of this TCEC is continuously monitoring the Coronavirus (or COVID-19) and the impact it may have on not only our employees but the communities we serve as well.
TCEC employees have been briefed on the Coronavirus, its symptoms, steps to minimize exposure, and have been advised to stay home if feeling ill.
At this time we have no suspected cases within our workforce. As verified cases in the state of Florida continue to grow, we will stay vigilant in our preparation and precaution efforts.
As a health and safety precaution to minimize human contact and the spread of COVID-19, TCEC has implemented the following:
- Members and guests are encouraged to practice social distancing and proper hygiene behaviors when on TCEC property.
- Members are encouraged to utilize one of our many phone and online account access options. We are able to provide assistance to members via phone 24 hours a day at 850.973.2285 or 800.999.2285. TCEC offers online account access as well as the TCEC FL mobile app, where members can make payments, view usage, report an outage, and more.
- Residential and commercial energy audits have been postponed. These will be rescheduled for a later time.
- Effective immediately TCEC will not be disconnecting power for non-pay and late fees will be waived until further notice, including Pre-Pay accounts.
- All TCEC lobbies are closed, we will continue to assist members through our drive-thru locations. All drive-thru locations will be closed from 1:00PM - 2:00PM daily. The TCEC Steinhatchee location will remain open to assist members in the lobby.
TCEC will continue to make accommodations to keep employees safe while still operating as normal and without interruption.