TCEC cares about our members and it is important that your family is prepared for the worst. Members should have an emergency kit assembled and be prepared to be without power for several days during severe weather. Now is the time to prepare.
Red Cross Recommended Emergency Kit Essentials
- Styrofoam coolers to preserve food
- Ice to keep food cold
- Water—one gallon per person, per day
- Food—non-perishable, easy-to prepare
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Cell phone with charger
- Family and emergency contacts
Emergency Kit Checklist: nonperishable food items, tape, emergency survival blanket, towels, rain poncho, water, first aid kit, flashlight, multi tool, batteries, NOAA weather radio, personal hygiene items.
Hurricane Preparedness Guide